Alicia M. Neumann
DopDay Marketing, 2012
A strategic marketing consulting firm that helps businesses enhance their relationships with their customers through marketing.
Roles: Consultant, Principle
- 8% increase in email response rates for University of Washington Business and Economic Development Center.
- Created strategy worksheet to help plan newsletter content that provides information relevant to each target audience while allowing organization to manage key calls to action.
Responsibilities and Ongoing Projects:
- All start-up consulting responsibilities from business development and client management to accounting and marketing and website development tossed in for good measure.
- Website redesign and community building for daycare and early childhood education center.
- Sponsor acquisition and marketing plans for non-profit.
- Website redesign and marketing plan for environmental construction services company.
All Star Directories, New Channel Manager, 2010 to 2011
An online education lead generation company supplying leads to over 800 for-profit and traditional colleges and universities.
Roles: Manager – Channel Marketing, New Channel Manager
- Developed strategies to expand marketing channel mix into display, social and mobile and delivered 2% to 3% of total revenue and 5% to 6% of total profit in the first six months.
- Redesigned templates and oversaw development of new content for internal email program which garnered a 70% increase in revenue while minimizing the number of emails sent to the 1.3+ million names on the list.
- Grew high quality affiliate email partner by 200% in 2 months by working closely to develop monthly marketing calendars, build and optimize email and landing page creative and target list providers.
- Worked cross-functionally with Business Intelligence, Product Marketing and Finance to automate the creation and distribution of weekly channel reporting which saved 60 hours of work per week for the Channel Marketing team.
- Manage a 2-person team who managed over 20 vendors and delivered 30% to 50% of company revenue and 15% to 20% of company profits each month.
- Establish and manage monthly budgets and forecasts for partners based on traffic volume, conversion rates and profit.
- Identify, on-board, manage and grow new business partnerships to expand All Star Directories existing channel mix.
InfoSpace, Inc., 2008 to 2009
A meta-search company whose algorithm blends results from Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask to deliver a more comprehensive set of search results.
Roles: Senior Marketing Manager
- Authored and executed on marketing campaigns to expand the search algorithm to other properties including Nation.com and DoGreatGood.com.
- Led a cross-functional team through a complete redesign and re-launch Infospace.com.
- Deliver strategic marketing plans that leveraged SEO best practices, social media, SEM pay-per-click, display networks as well as direct media buys with key websites.
- Participate as the marketing representative in a cross-functional AGILE product development team working with Developers, Designers, Business Development and User Experience.
Classmates.com, 2005 to 2008
The first online social network, designed to help members reconnect with friends from high school.
Roles: Senior Marketing Manager, Checkout Manager
- Delivered a 20% increase in revenue through deep dive customer segmentation, extensive A|B testing of the creative and optimization of UX and UI for 5 to 6 checkout processes in 3 months.
- Built best in class sweepstakes campaigns in partnership with Disney Parks, Hair Club for Men, Warner Brothers Motion Pictures and others that exceeded both our internal as well as our partner’s goals.
- Train and manage a 4-person, data driven team to build ROI based engagement campaigns to drive specific, measurable business objectives.
- Increase member engagement and retention by developing and implementing 4 to 6 content campaigns per month and at least 1 major sweepstakes per quarter.
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with Development, QA, Design, Product, Email, Acquisition, Creative, Ad Sales and Legal teams.
Safeco Insurance, 2002 to 2005
A company specializing in both personal and business insurance distributed through a national network of independent agents.
Roles: Field Marketing Manager, Planning and Budgeting Analyst
- Developed and implemented intra-departmental plan to improve communication across the marketing organization that included executive lunches, project review committees, quarterly departmental meeting agendas and focus groups.
- Designed, developed and implemented an online agency incentive program aimed at improving agency preference for Safeco products.
- Coordinated design and distribution of the 2005 Agent Benefit program, working cross-functionally with Legal, Training, Sales, the business and the benefits teams, delivering the complete program in half the time.
- Produce collateral and marketing programs designed for use by the sales team to reward and encourage their agents to sell more Safeco Insurance.
- Manage all aspects of planning and budgeting for the Marketing department including monthly reviews of sales and expenses and annual departmental budget.
Qwest Wireless, 2001 to 2002
A cellular phone network covering 14-states.
Roles: Outside Sales Executive
- Built a 12-business client base in first two months and exceeded 1st month’s sales goal by 128%.
- Designed, produced and disseminated marketing materials to 20-person local office.
- Redesigned internal order writing process to minimize paperwork and effort.
- Build and manage a sales funnel to distribute wireless cell phones to local small to medium sized businesses.
- Conducted competitive analysis to determine product positioning.
Sears, Roebuck & Company, Manager of Merchandise Implementation, 1995 to 1999
A national chain of department stores offering a diverse range of products from clothing and shoes to hardware, electronics and automotive services.
Roles: Manager of Merchandise Implementation, Merchandise Analyst, Sales Manager, National Management Trainee
- Streamlined recruiting process for remodel projects, which was elected “Best Practice” by team and distributed nationwide within 3 months of conception.
- Exceeded annual revenue and performance targets, over $7 million in sales and best profit percentage in Southeastern region.
- Implemented business strategy for 4 to 6 new and remodel stores including managing professional and temporary employees.
- Established individual project budgets ranging from $2.5 to $4 million and consistently performed under budget.
- Coordinated activities of buyers and vendors to ensure seamless implementation of monthly marketing and promotional strategies at store level.
- Creatively used community marketing opportunities to minimize over-stock inventory and to re-establish company reputation at new store location.
- Worked with internal marketing departments and external vendors to develop special purchase strategies and position these items at the store level in order to support national sales promotions.
University of Washington, Master of Business Administration, Marketing, 2001
- Haas Business School Social Venture Competition: Prisma Microfinance, 2nd place finish and award for Best Social Return
- Quarter abroad at University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts, History, 1993